Senator Crossin sits on three committees. She is Chair of the Senate Legal and Constitutional Legislation Committee, Deputy Chair of the Senate Legal and Constitutional References Committee, and a member of the Joint National Capital and External Territories Committee.
Senator Crossin has also participated in the Joint Select Committee on Australia’s Immigration Detention Network, the Joint Select Committee on Gambling Reform and the Joint Select Committee on Constitutional Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
The committees are currently looking in to the following inquiries.
- Criminal Code Amendment (Misrepresentation of Age to a Minor) Bill 2013
- Marriage Amendment (Celebrant Administration and Fees) Bill 2013 and the Marriage (Celebrant Registration Charge) Bill 2013
- Migration and Security Legislation Amendment (Review of Security Assessments) Bill 2012
- Public Interest Disclosure Bill 2013
- Sex Discrimination Amendment (Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Intersex Status) Bill 2013
- Framework and operation of subclass 457 visas, Enterprise Migration Agreements and Regional Migration Agreements
- Impact of federal court fee increases since 2010 on access to justice in Australia
- Value of a justice reinvestment approach to criminal justice in Australia
- Inquiry into the allocation of land to diplomatic mission in the Australian Capital Territory
- Review of the National Capital Authority: Biannual Public Hearing